KVKK Disclosure Statement
En son düzenlenen tarih
16 Tem 2023
This privacy notice is prepared to fulfill the obligation of informing the individuals who want to participate in the projects carried out by Kant Academy and share their personal data through application forms, contact forms, emails, etc. When processing your personal data, it is our priority to protect fundamental rights and freedoms, privacy related to private life, ensure information security and respect ethical values. In accordance with the Law on Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 ("KVKK"), the following explanations are presented for you regarding the processing and protection of your personal data in order to fulfill the obligation of information arising from Article 10 of the KVKK. Please note that we do not take any responsibility for the information and documents you share with us beyond the information requested while using the application form and/or contact form in accordance with the KVKK and other legislation.
Purpose of Processing and Transfer of Personal Data
We store and process the following categories of your personal data that you shared with us through the application form and/or contact form, and other documents, to be able to communicate with you, fulfill our obligations arising from the law, plan our processes, and carry out our corporate processes in accordance with the law and our policies.
• Identity Information (Name-Surname)
• Contact Information (Email/Phone)
• Educational Information (University-Department)
In addition to the above purposes, your personal data can be shared with individuals and institutions mentioned above for carrying out project processes efficiently, in compliance with law and procedure. In addition, we can share your personal data with official authorities where necessary for fulfilling our legal obligations. In addition, when using applications such as Email submission, software used in conducting activities, online registration and/or application form filling, if the servers located abroad are used by these applications (Gmail, Google Form, Jotform, Typeform, etc.), it can be transferred abroad. We suggest that you review the privacy notices of these applications regarding relevant transfers and scopes.
Method of Collection and Legal Reason for Processing Personal Data
Personal data is collected, used, recorded, stored, and processed by our team in a limited manner related to the legitimate purpose stated above, in accordance with the law and ethical rules, with explicit and comprehensible written information for personal data subjects, and with explicit consent if necessary. Your personal data is processed and shared with individuals and institutions mentioned above in accordance with Article 5/2/a of the KVKK. In addition, your personal data is processed and shared with individuals and institutions mentioned above within the framework of the legal reasons listed below under Article 5/2.
• It is compulsory to process personal data of the parties of the contract directly related to the establishment or performance of a contract. > Emir Doğanay Kant A:
• It is necessary to fulfill the legal obligation of the data controller.
• It has been made public by the data subject.
• It is mandatory for the establishment, use or protection of a right.
• It is mandatory for the legitimate interests of the data controller, provided that it does not harm the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject.
Retention Period of Personal Data
Your personal data will continue to be stored during the project period for the follow-up of the application process and the evaluation of the project idea you have submitted to us. In case your application is rejected and/or your project idea is negatively evaluated, it will continue to be stored for 6 months to be able to re-evaluate it later. In any case, your personal data will be deleted, destroyed or anonymized in accordance with the KVKK after the storage periods specified in the relevant legal regulations.
Security of Personal Data
Your personal data is processed and stored by taking all necessary information security measures, only accessible by authorized persons, encoded if necessary, not used outside the declared purpose and scope, and protected from unauthorized access, loss, and damage.
Your Rights and Our Contact Information in Accordance with Article 11 of the KVKK
In accordance with the relevant legislation concerning the protection of personal data,
• You have the right to learn whether your personal data is processed or not, and to request information if your personal data is being processed,
• You have the right to learn about the purpose of processing your personal data and whether they are used for this purpose,
• You have the right to know the third parties to whom your personal data is transferred in the country or abroad,
• You have the right to request the correction of your incomplete or inaccurate personal data or the updated version of them,
• You have the right to request the deletion or destruction of your personal data in accordance with the relevant conditions set forth in the KVKK,
• You have the right to request that the procedures carried out due to your correction, deletion or destruction requests be notified to third parties to whom your personal data has been transferred,
• You have the right to object to automatic processing of your data resulting in any unfavorable consequence for you,
• If you suffer damage due to the unlawful processing of your personal data, you have the right to demand compensation.